Holiday Rentals Tenby
Are you looking for Holiday Rentals Tenby – then lets have a look. The iconic Tenby, a place that holds so many memories for young and old. Whether you went there for your holidays as a child or as an OAP on a day trip for a nice cup of tea and a wander round the streets. Seeing the brightly coloured houses near the harbour must be one of the nicest views to anyone going back for a holiday or day trip.
Tenby is a town that is soaked in ancient history. The old city being surrounded by an imposing medieval stone wall. That still gives it an old Celtic Fortress feel to the place. Over the years though Tenby has seen many changes, for the last 50 years or so Tenby, although still a busy working town, is now fully geared towards leisure and tourism – yet still remains true to its old self. The people of Tenby will bend over backwards to ensure you want to come back and experience the magic again next time.
You are spoilt for choice in Tenby, there are numerous Ice Cream parlours, all of which offer the usual “Knicker Bocker Glorys”, Banana Boat, Ice Cream Sundaes as well as a myriad of different flavours. All made with lovely local cream, we would recommend though to take 2 spoons – just in case you need any help…
Fish n Chips
As well as ice cream. Tenby is rightly known for it’s fish and chips, there are many award winning shops offering a real Tenby experience. Just watch out for the seaguls – they also have developed a liking for them. Seriously though whichever chip shop you visit – you wont be disappointed with what you find. Personally – go for chips with locally caught fresh fish in batter, ignore the calories though.
Having had the fish n chips and the ice cream, what better way to burn off those calories than getting down to the beaches of Tenby. North Beach, South Beach, Castle Beach, Harbour Beach – they all offer something different, the wild waves on South Beach, or watching the boats come in and out at Harbour Beach. Personally – spend a day on each there is something for all – and the sand is just perfect all year round.
Holiday Rentals Tenby
If you decide to visit and stay in any of the Holiday Rentals Tenby has to offer, there are some things that are simply a must do on your visit.
- Get the boat over to Caldey Island – where the monks live and work (they even sell ice cream and chocolate there as well)
- Go for a walk around the old castle mount between the harbour and castle beach
- Explore the now open St Catherines Island (what used to be the old Tenby Zoo)
- Visit the new Lifeboat station – and make a donation to the fund please
- Go seal watching around Caldey Island
- Have an ice cream and fish n chips at least once – maybe twice…
- Try you hand at fishing off the harbour wall
- Support the local businesses whilst you are there.
- Come home with a smile on your face